Yes I'm aware that it was FSU and not USC,realized my mistake right after hitting the Submit Button but with no way to edit or even delete a post I just said the heck with it.
The USA article has a landing page link in their article where ticket info is suppose to appear.
Whenever you see the word "Special" rest assure a lot ends up on the cutting room floor. You probably won't see a complete match.It's kinda like watching a Beatles documentary and you never get a complete song.
With no Hawai`i players on the roster attendance will probably be a lot lower than some are expecting. One Wahine on the roster would have = Sell Out
Once again I see where an Edit Button would be cool to have. I commingled info and thoughts on two different subjects,Team USA match and the AVCA special and that could be confusing to some but it is what it is.
LC -- yeah, the irony is that the national team never came here in the last few quads when a bunch of hawaii players were on the roster. of course, it might have been due to scheduling or other issues. oh well, it was a lost opportunity.
7. don't know if one wahine would have meant a sellout. Much will depend on the ticket pricing. But I would think that the draw of Nos. 1 and 2 would be worth going.
It's right after both Girls and Boys JOs. Good opportunity for USAV to target the clubs here.
9. as for the last few quads that had a 'bunch' of Hawaii players … 08 would have made the most sense en route to Beijing as the U.S. did in 88 when heading to Korea. You had Ah Mow-Santos, Bown, Willoughby Punhou's Berg.'04: Ah Mow-Santos, Bown and Berg.
12: no UH players but Berg and Miyashiro.
00: Ah Mow-Santos, Bown.
12. I think Hampton left because of the masters she is trying to get which happened to be at Clemson. Johnson transferred before Juley so she must have thought she wasn't going to get playing time with Juley being only one year ahead of her. Juley's may have left because her sister committing to Wisconsin a few months earlier and being a lot closer to home.
in case not everyone knows... the transfers out of long beach st are:
-taylor johnson (s) transferred to tennessee (surprising given that program's recent history, but maybe things are turning around there).
-erin juley (s) transferred to wisconsin.
-haleigh hampton (mb) to clemson.
but long beach are also getting some transfers/new players:
-jenelle hudson (s), from iowa st.
-sophie bukovec (oh), transferring after playing 1-year at a canadian university (not sure what that means for her eligibility).
-anete brinke, a latvian mb/opp (the lbsu news release isn't clear on whether she is a transfer or new recruit)
plus whoever is coming in for their freshmen class. some shake-up on their roster, but there's a lot of that going around the big west in this off-season, including hawaii.
Sorry but I am done with Who's Confused and the continued rudeness and subtle digs.
23. Not that private of information. been out there on the 'net. when you look at it, Kuehu's situation has been pretty public as well.
Anyway, Toyota Body will be back in Sept. Danielson still on the roster.
no DII teams
21. Hawaii continues to be the lone wolf. Every team that comes out to UH currently has Hawaii as its only opponent of the week. Asked Shoji about that. He said that's the way it is unless teams decide to play earlier in the week before making the trip out here.
who's confused -- there is nothing in my post that even remotely suggests that i think having a baby is to be kept a "secret" or is somehow a "burden." shame on you for even suggesting i thought this was something shameful.
what i'm concerned with is her privacy. you know it. i know it. and everyone on here knows it. it's up to the mother (and father) to determine when and how that info is shared or disclosed to others.
it's really not your place to do so. unless haylee roberts allowed you to ... or if it's already public knowledge. still, though, it's a far cry from posting it online on a public forum or blog.
it's not your "confusion" i'm taking issue with ... it's your common sense, or lack thereof.
25. let's let it go.
the 'who's confused' moniker is directed at me since I said at one point the Sand Volleyball bracket was confusing. and the fake email addresses which are not visible are other subtle digs at me.
I was nice to allow some posts but no longer.